There are no calories in black coffee!
According to the USDA, 100 g of freshly brewed coffee contains 0 calories. In different sources, this figure ranges from 0 to 12 kcal.
First, it is a well-known fact that the number of calories depends on the method of preparation of the drink.
Second, it depends on the region of origin, the degree, and freshness of roasting. You will find more calories in stale dark roasted beans.
Third, some other ingredients handle calories to make sweet, tasty, presentable, etc.
So, for example, the number of calories in the same variety will vary depending on the brew:
- Ground Beans Regular (250 ml) – 0 kcal
- Ristretto (15 ml) – 1 kcal
- Espresso (30 ml) – 2 kcal
- Americano (180 ml) – 2.2 kcal
- Filter coffee: kemex, hario (240 ml) – 3 kcal
- Filter coffee: aeropress (240 ml) – 3.5 kcal
- Filter coffee: French press (240 ml) – 5 kcal
However, the difference is insignificant. And black coffee which is brewing in any way is a low-calorie drink that will not affect a person’s figure. Thus, in all kinds of diet plans, coffee ranks its best position.