A coffee maker is a great asset for a coffee lover. But after some days of use, it’ll get dirty. Mold, bacteria, and iron and lime deposits can build up in your coffee maker and contaminate your coffee, and you’ll need to clean it.
While cleaning coffee makers and other equipment is not a difficult task, it is still one that should be done correctly. One of the easiest ways to clean a coffee machine is by using vinegar because vinegar dissolves scale and mineral buildup on the heating element.
The Bunn VPR series coffee maker is a great product but must be monitored and cleaned regularly to ensure that it does not cause any problems with the quality of the coffee.
This blog will look at how you can clean your Bunn VPR series coffee maker to ensure that the quality of the coffee remains high.
Making hygienic a Bunn Coffee Maker
There are two simple ways to clean your Bunn VPR series, coffee maker. One is simply by using water and dish soap the other is by the de-liming process.
By using water and dish soap
When it comes to cleaning a coffee maker, using water and dish soap is the easiest process. These procedures ought to be carried out twice or thrice every week. It is recommended to clean once every day, if at all possible, in regions that have hard water.
For this, follow the steps below__
- Step 1: Shut Down Your Machine: First of all, before you clean your coffee maker, make sure you shut it down first. Otherwise, your machine may be damaged. You should unplug it from the wall outlet to avoid getting shocked.
- Step 2: Sanitize the outer layer: Now, simply just clean the outer layer of the machine with water and dish soap or mild detergent. First, the machine should be wiped down with a moist cloth, and then it should be dried with a third, dry cloth.
- Step 3: Sanitize Brewing plastic funnel: Remove the plastic brew funnel and wash it to clean dirt particles and disinfect it. Wash it with dish soap and water. You can use your hand or a cleaning sponge to clean properly. Now place it in the right place
- Step 4: Sanitize the sprayhead: Remove the sprayhead from the machine. Now wash it with dish soap and water. Clean the holes with the help of a toothpick or a needle. This will remove the dirt from the holes. Wipe it with a dry cloth and now place it back in its exact place.
Your Bunn VPR coffee brewer is now sanitized and ready to re-use.
By using the de-liming process
You can avoid having to call a specialist for coffee maker problems by taking a few simple precautions against limescale accumulation!
Descaling solutions contain acid that helps to loosen and dissolve lime deposits throughout your equipment. By doing this on a regular basis, you can keep the heating components and tank free of the buildups that can severely reduce their efficiency. Scale deposits can be a sign that your machine needs to be serviced or cleaned.
Take care of your brewer by following these instructions once a month, or more often if you live in a place with hard water.
- Step 1: Place a de-liming spring into the tubing that connects the sprayhead and the coffee machine. Saw backward and forward multiple times. It’ll break up the acid layers.
A de-liming tool can also be useful for getting rid of limescale. The skewed end can be used to clean the sprayhead’s openings, while the longer end can be rotated multiple times inside the tube to remove calcified buildup.
- Step 2: Prepare a solution consisting of two third of distilled water and one-third of white vinegar, and then fill the reservoir. Now turn on the machine and start a brewing cycle. Throw away the water when it is done brewing.
- Step 3: Now clean the sprayhead with a damp cloth and soap and water. Wipe the sprayhead with a dry cloth to dry it and reattach it.
- Step 4: Refill the reservoir with distilled water and run another brew cycle. Throw away the water when it’s done brewing. Do this process again and again until the odor of vinegar is gone.
Your coffee machine is ready again to brew a perfect cup of coffee to refresh you.
Warnings while cleaning
- Ensure that you’ve turned off the machine and plugged it out before cleaning. Otherwise, you can face an accident.
- Dry every part of the machine that you’ve cleaned with water. Else, the steel parts can get rusty or stained easily.
- Reattach all the parts carefully and precisely.
- Try to clean your machine on a regular basis.
Cleaning a coffee brewer is not a laborious task at all. But sometimes we don’t do it properly or regularly. And when the dirt gets thicker, it becomes challenging to clean it.
We sincerely hope that you found our article on the appropriate way to clean a Bunn VPR series coffee maker helpful and that it inspired you to clean your own machine.
Comment below if you have any other ideas for cleaning your Bunn VPR series.