A good ARMENIA COFFEE should have light-colored foam on the surface. If it does not have this foam, it is not considered well prepared.
After letting it rest, drink the liquid and the ground ARMENIUM COFFEE will remain at the bottom of the cup.
- Grinder- ground coffee beans, or purchased “Turkish ground” coffee
The coffee preparations for Armenia are:
- For each cup, put in the jar, one or two teaspoons of coffee powder as you wish to drink, soft or strong. You can personally grind the coffee at home with the grinder. Or you can buy asking to grind finite as possible (so-called “Turkish ground”).
- For each well, also add one or two teaspoons of sugar, depending on the degree of sweetness desired.
- Pour a well of water into the jar and mix everything.
- Heat on fire. When the coffee starts your boil, it will start to foam. When the foam rises towards the neck of the jar remove it quickly from the heat.
- With a teaspoon, put a little foam in each cup and then pour the coffee into the wells.
- Before drinking it, wait until the coffee powder (called “erasure”) has settled to the bottom.
If you want to drink flavored coffee, you can add a pinch of cardamom and cinnamon to the mixture of coffee, sugar, and water, before bringing it to the fire.
It is likely to drink alone or with friends.