The microwave oven came to our everyday life as a device for quickly reheating ready meals. Very soon, Our craftsmen learned how to prepare the most challenging gourmet coffee. From beshbarmak (five fingers) to pancakes, pilaf to cupcakes, there’s something for everyone. You can prepare many drinks by using a microwave oven. Today we will write about “How to Make Coffee in the Microwave?”. The recipe is especially useful in the office or on a trip. Don’t you have any access to a stove, a Jezve, or even hot water to make your favorite coffee? Don’t worry! You can rely on the microwave for help.
How to Make Coffee in the Microwave? – All Methods
Microwave coffee: Method # 1
We design it for those people who have very little time and want coffee. The algorithm is simple:
- Pour cold water into a cup.
- We put ground coffee at the rate of 1 teaspoon for every 100 ml of water.
- Stir well.
- Add spices and sugar to taste.
- Mix, cover with a saucer and put in the microwave.
The most important thing, in this case, is to measure the heating time correctly. A lot depends on the power of the furnace. You can use two approaches.
- Before making coffee, experiment with plain water. Pour it into a cup and heat it in 30-second intervals. Remember the time when the water reaches its maximum heat. As a rule, this process rarely takes over 2-3 minutes for a volume of 300 ml of water. Have you determined the appropriate time frame? When you start making coffee, set this time on the timer.
- You can also determine the readiness of the drink during cooking. To do this, check that your coffee is ready every 30 seconds. The suspension of ground coffee will fall. And traces of condensation may appear on the bottom of the saucer. Then you can remove the coffee cup.
Allow the cup to sit for another 2-3 minutes. Then, take it out from the microwave without removing the saucer. The coffee will be more robust.
After removing it from the microwave, place the dishes on a unique stand on folded napkins or a plate if it is not available.
Microwave coffee: Method # 2
This method is apt for those who appreciate the taste of the drink. Take a little more time, but the result will be more fragrant and more potent than the previous method.
- We put in a cup of ground coffee at one teaspoon per 100 ml of water.
- Add spices and sugar to taste.
- Pour water at room temperature. The liquid should take up to 2/3 cups.
- We put it in the microwave for maximum heating mode.
- Now you’ll have to observe your coffee. As soon as the foam starts to rise, turn off the oven and open the door. After a few seconds, repeat the heating when the foam falls off until the foam “cap” increases. After the third lifting of the foam, you can take out the coffee.
It is convenient to prepare such a drink in a glass cup – you can track all the cooking phases.
Microwave coffee: Method # 3
An excellent recipe for laconic, coffee turns out to be tender, with the taste of melted milk.
- In a cup, we put the ground coffee at the rate of 2 teaspoons per 300 ml of liquid.
- Add sugar.
- Fill with cold milk.
- Cover with a saucer and put in the microwave oven at maximum power.
With a power of 900 watts, the cooking time is 2 minutes.
- Every 30 seconds, open the door and remove the resulting milk foam. If you don’t do this, the drink may foam and overflow over the edge.
We take out the cup and leave it for another couple of minutes to slightly infuse the coffee. We recommend not putting sugar in advance for lovers of rich tastes, but after cooking, add 1-2 teaspoons of honey or cane sugar to the drink. Next, you can add cinnamon and vanilla, decorate with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
You can consider the microwave oven recipe’s simplicity and features. So, you can prepare the coffee in a microwave oven. But to keep in mind some of the following tricks to do as simple as you can.
- Do not expect the usual bubbles when boiling water. Unlike a conventional stove, the microwave warms up the liquid evenly from all sides. So, no worry! There are no hotbeds of bubbling.
- It would be better if you did not place a hot cup of coffee on a stand that is too cold or wet. So the dishes may crack because of their sharp temperature drop.
- Allow for a few seconds of cooling time after removing your coffee from the microwave. You should wait to cool down before adding sugar or stirring with a spoon. Otherwise, there may be pockets of bubbling because of the temperature difference. That may occur between the liquid and the submerged bodies (sugar, spoon).
- After infusing the coffee, it is better to pour it into a separate cup. You can even strain it through a hand strainer. So you will get rid of the remnants of the grounds and in the recipe for coffee with milk from traces of milk foam.
Which coffee tastes better in the microwave or the Turk?
You can prepare your drink according to the classic recipe in Jezve. This Jezve is much more flavorful and more robust coffee. The fact is that when making coffee in a Turk, the extraction process occurs gradually. As a result, you can have, unlike heating in a microwave oven. So, the infusion made according to the traditional method is richer and more profound.
Making coffee in the microwave makes perfect sense if the Jezve and stove are not available. Or if you dislike coffee so much that you attach importance to taste subtleties.
The ability to brew your coffee in any condition is a valuable skill that is sure to come in handy in life.
Is it possible to prepare coffee in the hand microwave?
I took a great interest in coffee on my student days as it was the best way to stay awake to prepare for the exams. First, it was by necessity. But with the time I have been doing to their taste, and now I could never go without your morning coffee. That’s why I have called attention to discover that it is possible to prepare coffee in the microwave.
Piamo is a cup created by the German designers Christoph and Hendrik Meyl. I will allow you to get an espresso in thirty seconds by using the microwave. The kit includes a cup, a container of water, a filter, and a lid. You don’t find a lot of practical applications for this in the home. But if you want to enjoy a fast coffee at work or while traveling, you should always have a microwave in hand.
The creators of the original “cup-coffee makers” are raising funds. So they can develop their idea through the German platform Startnext, which is increasingly used to search for resources to develop a product. But they can make contributions of forty euros.
I remember when my grandmother said that the best coffee was to the golden law of all life, not so long ago. I don’t know if the coffee made with Piamo will be so aromatic and delicious. But recognize that speed is an important point to keep in mind today. So, no doubt that it is possible to prepare coffee in the microwave.